Friday, November 2, 2012

Flannel Friday - Turkeys!

I love this flannel and use it pretty much every year.
It was a collaborative effort -- one of my brilliant co-workers made the turkeys, I made the pizza and I modified the original rhyme to suit my needs. It can be spoken or sung to the tune of "Five Little Pumpkins".

Five Fat Turkeys

Five Fat Turkeys sitting on a fence,
The first one said,
"Oh my! I am immense!"
The second one said,
"Just watch me waddle"
The third one said,
"Gobble! Gobble! Gobble!"
The fourth one said,
"Thanksgiving Day is coming!"
The fifth one said,
"We'd better start running!"

The turkeys could not be found on Thanksgiving Day,
So the poor old farmer had this to say ...

spoken
"I guess we'll have to eat pizza ..."

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Like I said in my post, I hate when the turkeys get eaten. I also love the rhyme waddle and gobble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU! I am going to do this on Friday for my turkey lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable, I was inspired to make my own set too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete